Dominican Republic Vacations in Nature at Tubagua Eco Lodge
Convenient north coast location only 20 minutes from beaches, airport, city • Priced from US$30 to $120 per person per night • Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Tubagua Eco Lodge looks out over the north coast near Puerto Plata, a 20 minute ride from the city, airport and beaches
- Nature provides the luxury in this palmwood, thatch roofed palace
- Our living room affords spectacular views of the coast
- Beyond the garden and cocktail pool, vast sugarcane plantations roll down to the coast
- Free wifi keeps you connected
- Our structures are all made from renewable materials by local artisans using rudimentary hand tools
- 1000 feet above stress level...
- Our accommodations are set amongst verdant gardens
- Comfortable beds are a feature at Tubagua. This is the interior of our private cottage
- Bar area
- A rainbow graces the view from the social area
- A garden setting
- Set in the countryside yet close to the coast, Tubagua is the ideal location to enjoy a combined mountains and beach vacation
Hovering on image pauses the slideshow
Explore area attractions
View Tubagua Plantation Eco Village in a larger map
Dominican Republic vacations in nature— Vacation travel to the DR is up 7% over last year. This perennially popular vacation destination is well-known for all-inclusive holidays, beach resorts and cheap beach vacations. More than that, there is growing interest in Dominican Republic vacations that focus on ecotourism, outdoor adventure travel and exploring this beautiful and naturally unspoiled Caribbean island. This is what Tubagua is all about.
Tubagua Plantation Eco Village is the ideal gateway for independent travel in the Dominican Republic. Located in the dramatic Cordillera Septentrional mountain range that runs the length of the Dominican north coast, Tubagua is surrounded by pure nature yet conveniently close to everything, only 20 minutes from Puerto Plata International Airport, city and beaches.
Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge is also close to Santiago, the DR’s second largest city, located an hour away via the scenic “Ruta Panoramica” mountain highway (Rt. 25). Santiago is a city of one million people, situated in the fertile Cibao Valley and the heart of Dominican Republic tobacco country. Located midway between Santiago and Tubagua Plantation Eco Village are the amber mines from which some of the Dominican Republic’s finest amber is found. A trip to the amber mines makes for a fascinating day trip for visitors to Tubagua. Tubagua Eco Lodge is known for excellent home cooked meals and helpful owners who readily assist their guests with their travel plans throughout the Dominican Republic.